Samsung is one of the world’s largest electronic manufacturers. Being the giant who has gripped the Smartphone market, it is about to reveal its new device – Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
With the release of Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ and after the explosion of Samsung’s Note 7, the expectations for Samsung’s Note 8 are exceptionally high. The leaks of Note 8 have satisfied all the expectations up till now. Here are the leaks and rumors of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 that we knew till now:
- Design: Same design language as Samsung’s Galaxy S8 & S8+. Same metal frame with curved gorilla glass panel at the front and back side of the device and the curves will be symmetrical for better hand comfort and easy to use with one hand.
- Resistance: It will have IP68 rating that means it will be water and dust resistant.
- Display: A massive 6.3 inches display, which will be Samsung’s Infinity display. The display’s resolution shall be a QuadHD+ Super Amoled panel (2960X1440 pixels) with a aspect ratio of 18.5:9.
- Internals: The Note 8 will be very similar to Galaxy S8 & S8+, the same snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895 processor (depending on your region) but now instead of 4GB we would likely to have 6GB of RAM and as far as the storage goes there would be two storage variants 64GB and 128Gb plus a microSD slot for expansion.
- Cameras: There is no leak for the front facing camera but assuming it, it would more likely be a 8MP Autofocus sensor with f1.7 aperture same as we have seen on the Galaxy S8 and S8+. At the back, things get a little interesting. It would have a dual camera setup with dual 12MP camera. The primary camera will have f1.7 aperture with OIS (optical image stabilization) and a dual pixel autofocus but nothing confirms the details of the second camera. The second camera is still a mystery but dual camera setup is confirmed.
- Android: The software side would have android Nougat running on top of Samsung’s experience UI skin.
- Sensors: The fingerprint sensor is placed by Samsung on the back side of the Note 8, beside the cameras, which is an awkward position but Samsung is Samsung.
- Scanner: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will also have a IRIS Scanner and more likely to have a Bixby button also, a USB type-C port, a headphone jack and a single speaker at the bottom will be present in the Note 8 and it also might come with the AKG Tuned earphones in the box.
- Battery: Rumors indicate that it would have a 3300mAh battery, which is slightly small when compared to S8+ but because of the compact size of the Note 8, Samsung don’t want to take a risk of exploding the upcoming Note 8. Fast charging and wireless charging will be present in the Note 8 as well.
While so much buzz is already there, talking about the pricing and release date is a must. If the rumors are to be believed, it shall be release on the 23rd of August and the estimated price is expected to be 999 euro or approximately 1200 USD. That’s a handsome price for a handsome phone.