Xiaomi, a brand that shook Indian mobile market when it first came to India with its ‘MI3’ is back. MI3 that gave the consumers a high speed mobile at a low price was followed by Xiaomi’s Redmi series in India, focusing consumers with a very low budget. Both MI3 and Redmi sold like hot cakes and made Xiaomi the king of mid-range mobile market in India.
Interestingly, it’s the second largest mobile seller in India after Samsung as of now. And hold your breath as you read along.
Recently Xiaomi launched another mid-range Smartphone at a very affordable price, with the same dual camera setup which we have seen on ‘Apple iPhone 7Plus’, ‘OnePlus 5’ and Xiaomi’s own flagship device ‘Mi6’. It is better known as ‘Xiaomi Mi 5X’, which is a pretty interesting device at its price segment.
Xiaomi Mi 5X has
- full metal uni-body design which is identical to iPhone 7Plus’s design, which means that the battery is sealed inside and is not consumer replaceable
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, like a typical Xiaomi Phones – it has all of them – compass, gyro, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, etc.
- SnapDragon 625 chipset to power it, the same which is used on its ‘Redmi Note 4’ and ‘Mi Max 2’, for a battery friendly power-efficient octa-core chipset (8XARM Cortex A-53 clocked at 2.0GHz) based on the 14nm fin fit process and coupled with Qualcomm’s Adreno 506 GPU.
- 5 inch 1080p display, which offers a pixel density of 403ppi.
- 3080 mAh battery, which should last for a day if you are not a heavy user.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, which is more than that could be asked for
- dual camera, interestingly both are 12 MP, one is a wide-angle and another a telephoto lens for 2X loss less zoom, which means it can optically zoom 2X without losing any details of the image and it has a front 5MP camera for selfie.
Xiaomi Mi 5X comes with Android 7.0 Nougat with MI UI 9 on top and comes in 3 different colors that is Gold, Pink and Black. Right now Mi 5X is china exclusive which means it is selling in china only and Xiaomi hasn’t told anything about its launch in other countries but most likely it should come to other counties also, right now it is selling in china for 1499 Yuan that means 224 USD.
All in all looking at the specification and price of the device it seems to be a promising device and by looking Xiaomi’s old track record this device should perform really good with no lags and should provide a smooth user interface, I personally would love to buy this device in India if it comes under a price of 15K Indian Rupees or under 200 USD.